FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Can I reserve rooms by phone or fax?
Yes, but we would like you to book online by filling out a booking form so that we will receive your correct booking information. Please see booking guide.
- Can I directly reserve rooms through the hotels?
No, the special prices listed are only available through our services. If you would like to book directly to the hotels, you will need to contact them directly.
- What if the hotels that I selected are not available?
You will be notified via your email. We will do our best to suggest you alternative hotels.
- What is the latest time that I can make my reservation?
Even if we accept all bookings that are made on the check-in date, we can only guarantee bookings made at least 3 working days (encluding Sunday and Thailand public holidays) before the check-in date.
- How far ahead can I book? Can I book 12 months in advance?
Normally you can book 12 months in advance. If you plan to go to Thailand during October - May, you should book more than 4 months in advance to guarantee that you have rooms that you need. If you book too late, you may not get needed rooms.
- Can I specify my room preferences (preferred floor, non smoking room, etc)?
I would inform your special requests to the hotel but we cannot guarantee that your requests will be granted because they depend only on the hotel availability. The hotel staff will do their best to accommodate special requests.
- How do I make a reservation for someone else?
To complete a reservation for someone else, simply type in his or her name instead of yours for guest name. Don't forget to use your email address to receive your confirmation information.
- What happens to my hotel booking if my flight is delayed?
Please inform directly to the hotel as any additional or no charge will only depend on the hotel policy.
- What happens when I make a reservation?
After you submit a booking form, I would reply you by email with a booking confirmation within 24 hours or suggest you alternative solutions if the hotel has been fully booked.
- What sort of acknowledgement will I receive when I book a hotel room?
When the booking is confirmed by email and the payment is proceeded. Hotel vouchers will be sent to you by email and directly to the hotel which you made a reservation with. You will also be able to print your hotel voucher and present it to the hotel together with your passport when you check-in.
- What is a hotel voucher?
Once the room is confirmed, we will send you a hotel voucher by email detailing all the reservation and price conditions. We invite you to print out the hotel voucher to be kept and present at the time of your check-in.
- How do I know when my hotel reservation is confirmed?
After you receive a hotel voucher, all booking processess will be completed and finished.
- Do I need to confirm my booking with the hotel directly?
No, only print out the hotel voucher and present it to the hotel together with your passport when you check-in.
- How long does it take to get a booking confirmation?
1-72 hours except for special cases (during weekends, high season, or special events). Some hotels may sometimes takes 3-7 days. We are trying our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
- Do children receive discounted prices?
The policy regarding child reductions varies from hotel to hotel. Where these discounts apply, they are passed on to you.
- How much is charged for children staying with their parents?
Usually children under 10-12 years of age stay for free in their parent's room using the existing bedding. The age requirement differs depending on the specific hotel's policy. This may be listed on the hotel page.
The general policy concerning the charging of room an breakfast charges for children traveling together with their parents or family is as follows.
- Children more than 10-12 years of age are considered as adult by the hotel industry. Normal charges will apply both for the room and the breakfast.
- Child supplements will apply to children between the ages of 2 to 10-12 years (unless a different age range is specified). They only apply in twin or double rooms.
- Child supplements will not be available if the child age is not specified at the time of booking and we will charge for three adults in a triple room if this information is not supplied.
- Free cots for babies are only suitable for children under 2 years old (only for some hotels).
- Do hotels have minimum age requirements?
Please be aware that some hotels, foreign and domestic, may have minimum age restrictions or requirements when reserving a room. Please inquire with the hotel directly.
- Are the prices the same for everyone?
Please note that prices quoted are only available for overseas guests and not permitted for local residents and citizens. Therefore, the hotel shall have the right to refuse or reject the guests upon check-in if the guests are found out to be local residents and may be liable to pay a walk-in price supplement upon check-in. This policy is from hotels, not from our policy.
- What credit/debit cards are accepted?
We currently accept the VISA, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards.
- My credit card number is correct, but it is not accepted. Why?
There are a few possibilities:
- Your information is not matched.
- The card expiration date precedes the reservation date.
- You have reached your credit limit.
- There is a computer error or communication error between credit card and my payment gateway.
- Why is the price different to when I last checked?
Price changes that may be made to reflect market conditions, the prices are shown in the currency requested by the user and these are subject to currency fluctuations. Therefore there may be slight variations in price on a daily basis that will reflect any movement in the currency exchange levels. Once a booking has been created however, the currency exchange rate for that booking is fixed as those at the booking creation date, even if further items are added to the booking.
Disclaimer: Please note that the published prices on iKohChang.com may change at any time without notice.
- Is there any fee using our booking service?
There is no charge, no fee to use our booking service for room reservations and, in fact, you will usually save a lot of money by booking at our special prices (up to 75% discount on walk-in prices).
- How about the credit card refund?
Please note that refunds will be made in the form of a credit to your card account or money transfer.
All credit card refunds will be processed in a timely manner. The refunds process is dependent on your billing cycle with the credit card company. Once the refund instructions leave our office it can take anywhere from 15-45 working days for the proceeds to arrive in your account.
For more information of the refund, feel free to contact to our accounting department by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How safe are my credit card details?
For secure online payment, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure the privacy of the information provided to us.
- What do you do with my personal information?
We have the utmost respect for your privacy and security. We never divulge any information in our fully encrypted database account to anyone without your consent. Once you enter the reservations system to book a reservation, you are automatically taken into a secure booking engine that guarantees a safe and smooth transaction. We are very confident about the Internet security provided by Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL).
- How do I get to the hotel?
All hotels on iKohChang.com have a report that contains information relating to its location. It is your own responsibility to arrange travel to and from the hotel.
- Is there a hotel shuttle service to/from the airport?
You can easily find different kinds of limousine car service at any airport. We do recommend you to use this service since it is the cheapest which is always available.
Many hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. If it is offered, there may be a charge by the hotel for this service but it is often free for hotels close to the airport. Besides, some hotels have their own transportation service for additional transfer in the city.
- Is parking available? Free parking? Long-term parking?
Most hotels and vacation rentals offer free parking to their guests, although some may charge. Long-term parking is offered at the discretion of the property.
- What are the different room types?
There are generally four different room types, Standard, Superior, Deluxe, Executive.
The actual differences between the bedrooms varies from one hotel to another, with executive being the highest standard of room.
- Single Room: A single room is designed to accommodate one person only. The room contains one single bed or twin bed.
- Double Room: A double room is designed to accommodate two people only. The room contains one queen bed or king size bed or if not available a twin bed.
- Twin Room: A twin room is also designed to accommodate two people only. The room contains two single beds or if not available a king size bed.
Note that all kinds of room types are on request and depend on room availability.
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
Normal policy of hotels displayed on our web site is for check-in time from 14:00 pm and the check-out time before noon 12:00 pm.
- Is breakfast included?
Price of most of hotels is included with breakfast. There are some hotels that price is not included with breakfast.
- What about the special discounts?
Our special internet prices save your money because of the large number of lodging reservations we proceed. We are able to negotiate special prices with the properties directly. These prices are lower in most cases than the normal prices you could receive by contacting the property simply because of our buying power.